Newport Beach Interior Design Tips for Spring
- SWITCH PLATE COVERS- Replace your ugly plastic switch plate covers with something decorative. For only a few dollars you can add some charming detail to your room. You can pick plates by theme. Kid’s room motifs, traditional,contemporary etc. Switch plates come in metals, wood and printed patterns. Most hardware or home stores have an entire section dedicated to switch plates
- PAINT- Paint gives your home big impact for the money. Consider using fun colors like celery green or a tangerine orange. Not only are they great Spring colors but they also happen to be contemporary paint choices. Don’t want to repaint a whole room? Paint one accent wall in a new color. For instance your fireplace wall, a wall with a big window or the wall around your front door!
- AREA RUGS- Use a bold, attractive area rug under your dining room table, in the foyer or to define a seating area in your living room. It is ok to have an area rug on top of wall to wall carpet. Most people make the mistake of buying a rug that is too small; If in doubt go the next size bigger.
- LIGHTING- Install dimmers. Dimmers when used in place of a standard switch can customize the light for any occasion.
- SMELL- place some lavender in a bowl near your front door. The smell will be welcoming your guests as they arrive!